Beautiful Japanese Handcraft

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My best friend send me a beautiful video last week about the art of handcrafting wooden Japanese dolls. We both share a passion for handmade products and just by watching this video you will be soothed and it gives you such a serene vibe. It is lovely an peaceful to watch.




These dolls are Kokeshi dolls. The dolls are traditional wooden figurines with large heads on top of a wooden cylindrical body. This tradition of creating these dolls from a wooden block is passed on from father to son for many centuries.

Video by tetotetote

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

ABOUT B NOTES

I'm Jorien, a 30 something creative girl, dreamer, idealist, world traveler and addicted to books. This is my lifestyle blog where I aim to inspire with posts about design, art, culture, decor ideas, travel ideas and recipes. Love and life in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.