Must See Movie: Melancholia

Thursday, January 05, 2012

This is really one to watch: Melancholia by Lars von Trier. Melancholia is in very short about two sisters Justine and Claire, depression, the end of the world. You would think von Trier is giving it all away in the first ten minutes of the movie, but on the contrary. After an amazing intro with spectacular music, the story starts.



The scenes, actors, sets and the vibe of the movie are amazing. I find it a beautiful way to portray depression and fear of the unknown. Especially the second part of the film really touched me. In this part Charlotte Gainsbourg is portraying Claire. She plays her role frighteningly good, you can really feel her fears.

Melancholia is beautifuly played, has strong characters and very spectacular scenes. If I would write more words I would really kill this movie, because this one goes beyond words and has so many layers, you will still be thinking about this one after a week.

Big applause for Mr. von Trier for making one of the best movies I have seen in ages! And as one of the actors painfully, but oh so true puts it: 'enjoy it while it lasts.'

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

The Archives

ABOUT B NOTES

I'm Jorien, a 30 something creative girl, dreamer, idealist, world traveler and addicted to books. This is my lifestyle blog where I aim to inspire with posts about design, art, culture, decor ideas, travel ideas and recipes. Love and life in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.